Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"I quit DotA" - a phrase you probably heard many times from the same person


DotA aka Defense of the Ancients started as a Warcraft III custom map. Modern gamers label DotA as MOBA - Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. Back then, there was no such genre for games like DotA. It's been 8 years since my first match and..

  

Exaggerated but you know it's true. Despite saying that you are quitting, you always find yourself back in the game the next freaking day! It's that addictive! More so when you are playing with a group of friends! From my experience, the times when you tell yourself that you're quitting are when you lost a game and got insulted pretty badly by your opponents or when you had a serious argument with your friends about-


Looking back at my past experience with DotA, I can't help but laugh at my silliness. I did get into arguments with my friends back then and I am glad we did not let such arguments break our friendship.Even now, I am still playing with the same old group but we've moved on to DotA 2 instead. 
It was truly an exciting and emotional(lol) journey.

And lastly,




Have a great day!


Image by Stanley Lau Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Profile:

Just an ordinary citizen with extraordinary interest in gaming, sports and alcohol.