Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Gamer and his prized Action games.

For the first entry, I've long decided that it will be about action games. From my point of view, action games can be categorized into three groups without taking into account of difficulty. This is because each gamer has his or her own approach in gaming. Some play video games to cool off themselves after a hard day's work/studies while some play video games to beat the game at the hardest difficulty as to achieve a sense of fulfillment. For this, I did not include the aspect of difficulty in breaking down the action game genre.

The first group has the following elements, namely stylish, responsive, fluid and fast-paced combat. Personally, my gaming soul belongs in this group. I would get very excited during battles and finishing an enemy in the most stylish manner possible is absolutely fulfilling. The responsiveness of the controls makes pulling off combos more enjoyable and fluid. With variety of weapons to be used, players can choreograph their combos and with practice, variety of combos can be seen pulled off by gamers as they fully take advantage of the mechanics of the game.

 Bayonetta

Devil May Cry 3 : SE

 Really enjoyed these two combo videos and I still watch them from time to time. Some other games in the same group includes Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance, Ninja Gaiden series. I'll leave the other two groups for future entries and I have a feeling that you guys already have some idea about the other groups of the action game genre.

Killer is Dead will be out during late August 2013. Judging from the trailers alone, this game has a lot of potential to be part of this group of action games. I personally feel that the game will instead play more like No More Heroes which I consider do not belong in this first group of action games.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Profile:

Just an ordinary citizen with extraordinary interest in gaming, sports and alcohol.